The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation‘s Annual Assembly & Technical Exhibition will be in Seattle, Washington from November 4-7. The exhibition is the world’s largest gathering of PM&R physicians and will offer more than 150 courses that offer CME, hands-on workshops to practice new techniques, find research at Poster Hall and more. Clinical experts on a variety of topics, as well as employers from around the country.
The keynote speakers include Betsy Sandel, MD, AAPM&R President, and Stan Herring, MD, who will discuss sports concussions and youth.
Several members of The ROHO Group team will be at the event, so stop by the booth and say hello to Chris, Joe and Tricia.
The ROHO Institute has three upcoming Ready. Set. Go! Seminars. Visit The ROHO Institute’s Web site for more information.
Utilizing a didactic and case based approach, this course for health care professionals, will be an interactive program which will allow participants to focus on the management of pressure ulcers. This course emphasizes the current assessment and management techniques in pressure ulcer management and builds on the basic concepts of the normal physiology of healing. Included in this course will be a review of the etiology and management options for pressure ulcers including topical and adjunctive therapies. In addition, strategies will be given to assist in the section of the correct bed support surface. Reimbursement scenarios will also be discussed throughout, giving up-to-date information for the provider.
This interactive full one-day program provides an overview of seating and positioning evaluation, including the physical mat evaluation and measuring the client. The learner will have an opportunity to discuss and apply seating solutions for common postural asymmetries. Hands-on opportunity with new and challenging skills makes this a must for all therapists, providers and nurses who will be assessing and prescribing wheelchair seating systems.
This session will examine the decision making process required to choose the most appropriate functional mobility device – focusing on power mobility. Through the use of research and case studies, participants will learn the importance of a thorough evaluation to determine the most appropriate mobility device for their clients. Specific recommendations for overcoming funding challenges will be shared. Time will also be allotted for audience participation with equipment and discussion.
- July 20-22 in Seattle, WA at the Holiday Inn Seattle-Renton in Renton, WA.
- September 14-16 in Boston, MA at the Doubletree Guest Suites
- October 19-21 in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area with the location to be determined
*CEUs will be provided for each seminar.
Memorial Day Weekend is often thought as the kick-off to summer with time spent enjoying family, friends and a little fun in the sun. Let’s not forget the meaning and history of this holiday and honor those who have and are currently serving their country.
Take time this weekend to enjoy events sponsored in your community. Check your local news for events and parades in your area. Remember to participate in National Moment of Remembrance and take a moment of silence on Monday at 3 p.m., your local time. Here are a few of the festivities around the country that are honoring those in the military.
- Navy Memorial — Saturday, May 29 at 11 a.m.
- Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally — Sunday, May 30 at noon
- PBS’ National Memorial Day Concert — Sunday, May 30 at 8 p.m.
- World War II Memorial — Monday, May 31 at 9 a.m.
- Air Force Memorial — Monday, May 31 at 9 a.m.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial — Monday, May 31 at 1 p.m.
- National Memorial Day Parade — Monday, May 31 at 2 p.m.
Los Angeles, California
- Queen Mary Salutes U.S. Military Personnel — Saturday through Monday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Patriotic Memorial Day Programs at Forest Lawn — Monday, May 31. Times vary by location
- Memorial Day Parade — Saturday, May 29 at noon
- President Obama speaks at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery — Monday, May 31. Time TBD.
- Memorial Day Parade — Monday, May 31 at 10:30 a.m. at City Hall
- Memorial Day Parade Ceremony — Monday, May 31 at 11 a.m. at Ames Municipal Cemetery
- Fly-Over by Iowa Air National Guard — Monday May 31 at 11:21 a.m.
- Roswell Remembers — Monday, May 31
- Memorial Day Air Show — Wednesday, May 26 through May 31 at the Columbia Regional Airport
- Salute to Veterans Parade — Monday, May 31 at 9:55 a.m. in The District
Battleship, North Carolina
- 45th Annual Memorial Day Observance — Monday, May 31 at 5:45 p.m.
- Seattle Veterans Museum — Saturday, May 29 through Monday, May 31 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Remember Me — Saturday, May 29 at 10:30 a.m. at Sunnyside Nursery
- Memorial Day Panel at Museum of Flight — Sunday, May 30 at 2 p.m.
- Memorial Day Program at Museum of Flight — Monday, May 31 at noon
- Edmonds Memorial Day Ceremony — Monday, May 31 at 11 a.m.
- Paul G. Allen’s Flying Heritage Collection Memorial Day Forum — Monday, May 31 at 11 a.m.
- American Legion Memorial Day — Monday, May 31 at 4 p.m. at American Legion Post 123